A trip to Italy

Kyle Hudson

On June 20, 2018 WCHS students, staff and some WCHS parents will have to opportunity to travel to the country of Italy for a week to be enlightened by exploring another culture.

During the trip, students will visit multiple different regions in the country of Italy including; Rome, Venice and Florence. Students will tour the Romeo and Juliet balcony, the Roman Arena, The Pantheon, vatican museums and The Sistine Chapel.

The cost of the trip for WCHS students is $3,341. The price for those 23 and over is $3,681. These costs include roundtrip airfare, all transportation sightseeing tours and site visits, all hotels with private bathroom, breakfast and dinner daily and a full-time multi-lingual tour director.

So far, no students have signed up for the trip. WCHS sophomore Sam Keil stated that if payment plans were available he’d be more willing to go and that’s why the administrators have already made that option available. There’s a monthly automated plan where you make a $50 deposit and then your balance is divided into equal monthly payments until 35 days prior to departure. Also, there’s a 4-step Manual Plan where you make a $99 deposit paid upon registration.

Thirty days after registration, the second payment is due. Seventy-five percent of your balance is due 105 days prior to departure and then the remaining amount is due 65 days before departure.

Another option for money issues is a website available called Go Fund Me where students can set up an account to earn donations.  There are also future plans for fundraisers.

According to guidance counselor and trip planner Mrs. Sheanna Kurtz,  some of the teachers that are most likely going to participate in this trip include: Mr. Joshua Hazelrigg and Mr. Matthew and Mrs. Sarah Reynolds.

Students who go on the trip will receive a high school elective credit. “It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity!” said Mrs. Kurtz.