German Club Flower Sale

Anderson Johnson

Starting Feb. 6, WCHS students will be able to purchase carnations outside the cafeteria during lunches. The flowers cost $2 for a single flower and $5 for a bouquet of three, and will be delivered during first period on Valentine’s Day (Tuesday, Feb. 14). The last day to order flowers is Monday, Feb. 13.

Sophomore Marissa Helm, a student in German Club said they have been been doing the flower sale for a few years now, and that it has become a tradition for the German Club.

According to German Club advisor, Frau Ingram, the money the German Club makes from the sale of flowers goes toward several projects, including the annual Community Christmas Party, (German Club spends around $100 on average) half of registration to UC German Day competition at the University of Cincinnati, and the German Club hosts a “Spaghetti Eis” party to welcome the current 8th grade German 1 students to the club for next year.  They show them around the school with a scavenger hunt, get to know the students, and share ice cream sundaes. Frau Ingram said the number of student volunteers grows year to year. There are about 20 signed up this year.

The flower sale is a great way to get something for a loved one here at the school this Valentine’s Day, so if you want a way to support your school and do some Valentine’s Day gift-giving, stop by the cafeteria and buy some flowers!