Staff Remains Undefeated.

The+2017+Student+and+Staff+basketball+teams.+

Sidney Ison and Cheyenn Abplanalp.

The 2017 Student and Staff basketball teams.

Autumn Luthman

After an exciting game, the teachers won the annual Student vs. Staff Basketball game. The students put up a good fight and it was a very close game. The final score was 35-33.

Sidney Ison and Cheyenne Abplanalp
The final score. The staff beat the students in an exciting game.

At the end of the day on Friday, March 3, WCHS student council hosted their annual fundraiser in the big gym. Students were charged $1 to attend and this year all proceeds were donated to the Robotics team. Student council raised $585.

According to Student Government advisor Ms. P.J. Babb, this event has been a tradition for around 13-15 years. There are about 15 people for each team and five players play at once with divided playing time. A former student came up with the idea to have this game.

Mr. Michael Newman, staff participant and science teacher, has participated for eight years. Mr. Newman is very confident in his team’s skills and predicted the staff win. Mr. Newman said his favorite part about this event is the fact that it’s an excellent opportunity to raise money and awareness for a cause while at the same time providing  a positive outlet for students and staff to interact outside of the classroom.

Mr. Newman said he looks forward to this event very much every year. “I particularly enjoy the fact that so many people talk trash to me just because I’m tall and skinny.  A few weeks ago someone bragged that they were going to dunk on m,” Mr. Newman said, pointing out that it is not really a point of pride to be able to dunk on a 40 year old man. “Like most everyone who throws shade my direction before the game, I’m fairly certain this individual’s prediction AIN’T COMING TRUE. And I know……I’m Newmstradamus,” Mr. Newman wrote in an email.  

A few of the staff members got together on Sundays leading up to the game to play a little.