The Hook

The student news site of West Carrollton High School

The Hook

The Hook

Pirate Robotics
Pirate Robotics
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

Pirate Robotics is a very interesting club at West Carrollton High School whose season started in early January. They didn’t start competitions...

Prom 2024
Prom 2024
Madi McCune April 25, 2024

As prom approaches a lot goes into the big night. You may not realize but preparations need to be made soon. Here's how to ensure you have the...

Fast X review

Fast X review

Fast X debuted on May 19, 2023. It had a run time of 2 hours and 21 minutes. The movie was pushed back twice because of COVID 19 protocols from when it was first supposed to be released. It was originally supposed to be released April 2nd of 2021 then it got pushed back to April 7, 2023 until its actual release date. I was extremely shocked by how amazing this movie really was. I thought that this movie was just going to be like the other movies in the series and have a lot of action but not a lot of story. This movie made me tear up a handful of times because of some scenes that were in it. The villain was very overdramatic and he caused a lot more trouble than I believe he should’ve. I don’t personally like who the villain is played by because I don’t feel like his actor meshed well with the other actors that are in the movie and have been for years. One of my all time favorite parts of the movie would have to be how it ended. I really liked it because it ended on a cliff hanger and I’m very excited to see what they will make happen in the beginning of the next movie. I also love how they gave more back story to why the villain turned out to be who he was and how they also gave a bit of backstory of his family life and also who his dad was.I have loved these movies since I was about 6 or maybe even younger. I highly recommend getting this movie on disk. I believe the fact that they gave so much story to the main characters made people fall back in love with the franchise. Most people have gone against the franchise ever since the 7th one because everyone believes that it had gone to stunt heavy like. It was shocking to me that I loved it more than any other movie in their franchise because of the fact that it had so much more story. I hope that they keep adding more and more stories