Christmas Traditions

Before+Thanksgiving%2C+WCHS+gets+in+the+Christmas+spirit+with+the+Giving+Tree.+

Ms. Betz

Before Thanksgiving, WCHS gets in the Christmas spirit with the Giving Tree.

Jackie Florea, Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year again: buying gifts for loved ones for the holidays and families coming together to spend time with each other. Whether it be watching movies next to the fireplace or baking cookies for your family, all families have holiday traditions. Students across WCHS were asked about their favorite thing about Christmas and multiple students were more than happy to talk about what fun things they do with their families.

“On Christmas Eve my family and I all sit together and listen to Christmas music together, ” junior Billy Shaw stated.

“On Christmas Eve my parents let us open one gift, and we usually watch a bunch of Christmas cartoons and watch ‘Rudolph The Rednose Reindeer’ and just enjoy each others company, and obviously wait for Santa to deliver our gifts,” senior Shelby Jordan added.

“Christmas time for me is making sure you appreciate the family you have” senior Haley Nixon had to say.

Sophomore Jada Brown shared her favorite Christmas tradition as well saying, “We always go to my grandma’s for Christmas Eve, the food is always really good.”

“It’s always fun to spend time with family, I enjoy watching my nieces and nephews open their gifts first and watch their excited and happy reactions,” math teacher Ms. Rebecca Dwenger said.

Every year we do a white elephant gift exchange, and hangout with the family.” Sisters Lauren, (sophomore) and Reagan (junior) Haye, both shared what Christmas traditions are their favorite.

Whether you spend the holidays by the fireplace, at your grandma’s house, or opening early gifts Christmas Eve, making the Christmas traditions memorable is what counts the most.