Quick and easy holiday shopping guide

Alicia Carpenter, Student Life Editor

There’s a week left until Christmas and you still haven’t finished your holiday shopping. This can be a stressful situation but don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place. Whether you’re a procrastinator or don’t have any idea what to buy, this list is sure to make the remainder of your shopping easy on both you and your wallet.

Personalized Picture Frame

If you want to get someone a gift with a personal touch, make them a custom picture frame. Generic picture frames can be bought for as little as $1 from a dollar store. You can also purchase art supplies to decorate your frames if you would like to add even more thought into your gift. Then, just add a picture and you’ve got a great gift! You can get pictures printed from your phone at Walgreens. If you download the Walgreens app, you can select the photo (or photos) that you want to print and choose a time to pick them up.

Monogram Mug

Know somebody that likes coffee or tea? Then they would love a mug with their initial on it! These mugs are $4.99 each from Target and they come in 18 different letters of the alphabet. You could add to this gift by including a bag of coffee or tea that they like. This gift is practical enough to be useful and personal enough to show that you put some thought into it.

Candles

We all know someone who is absolutely obsessed with candles, which is why they make such an easy and amazing gift! Even if they aren’t obsessed, there’s a good chance they’ll still love it. After all, they’re instant environment boosters and they smell great. Bath and Body Works sells Mini Candles in seasonal scents, like Winter Candy Apple and Peppermint Marshmallow, for only $4.50 each. Another good choice for candles are Votive Candles from Yankee Candle. Votive Candles are $1.99 each and a basic Votive Candle Holder, which must be used with them, is also $1.99. The Votive Candles come in a broader range of scents, such as French Vanilla and Fresh Cut Flowers. Both candles last approximately 15 hours.

Visit Five Below

If you’re on a tight budget, Five Below is a great place to shop. Everything in the store costs $5 or less and they carry A TON of different things. They have everything from speakers to fluffy blankets to shoes to phone cases. With that kind of variety, you could definitely find fantastic gifts for everyone on your list.
Last-minute shopping can be difficult, but it’s easier if you know what you’re looking for, especially if it’s for a good price. There are tons of choices for things you could choose to get as a gift for someone but these are just a few suggestions.