You don’t need the sun to run

Winter Track Update

Rico Willis, Staff Writer

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 12.36.19 PMThis year, winter track is looking to jump off early to a great season! The season started in December and ends in mid-February.

In a recent interview, Assistant Coach Mrs. Rachelle Arnett stressed how much she would love to see more people show up to the events, especially freshmen. She said “Everyone, please come out for track. The more people we have the more intense conditioning can be and right now we are slim at conditioning.” Coach Arnett listed a number of students that she hopes will have an impact on the team, including sophomore Jada Brown (100H, 300H), junior Veshawn Champion (HJ, LJ, TJ), Seniors Kev- in Clem (Pole Vault) and Michael Barrett-O’Quin (400, 800).

After interviewing senior Sean Walker and asking him how he felt about this year’s track season, he said “this is my first year running for West Carrollton, I plan on running the 400 meter and I know I will have a big impact on how successful the team will do.” He also stated that he didn’t want to sound as if he is the only reason the team will do well, he just wants to make a name for him- self before leaving.

After asking Walker if a lot of people show up to conditioning and if he sees a lot of talent when at conditioning, he replied “I mean it’s a day-to-day thing and sometimes I even see people sneak out because they can’t handle it, but we do have a lot of different people who have potential to be good out there they just need to keep working harder and harder each day.” Walker added that the team needs more people to come out.

The team’s conditioning is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-5 p.m.