After Prom at Skyzone and Poelking Lanes South

Seth Burbank, Staff Writer

Are you a junior or senior at WCHS who is going to After Prom and are wondering if it will be taking place somewhere different this year?  Well,  this year’s After Prom will be at Sky Zone in Centerville, Ohio and Poelking Lanes South in Miamisburg, Ohio.  

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 9.28.19 PMAfter Prom begins at 11:45 p.m. and ends at 3:00 a.m. Over the past few years, attendance at After Prom has been pretty small. According to Mrs. Angie Shockley, who coordinated After Prom, they are expecting about 200 students this year but “hopefully more.” Mrs. Shockley added,  “After Prom Committee wanted to go somewhere else for After Prom this year because they wanted to see what students wanted with several different options to choose from… They took the top options and created a more exciting approach with what students choose on the list.”

Tickets are ten dollars per person. An After Prom ticket includes a t-shirt and  admission to both Skyzone and Poelking Lanes South.  If you don’t want to dress up fancy for Prom, just dress casual and come have a good time at After Prom. According to Mrs. Shockley, there will be many prizes students can win at After Prom in addition to entertainment. Food and drinks will be provided at After Prom for everyone going.

“I think After Prom will be a successful event since the After Prom Committee listened to the students wanted to do and hopefully accommodated their wishes,” said Mrs. Shockley.

According to Mrs. Shockley, busing from the student parking lot will be provided to the students and they will be dropped off in the student lot once After Prom is over.  Students must take the bus there.

Are you going to After Prom?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.