The Hook

The student news site of West Carrollton High School

The Hook

The Hook

Pirate Robotics
Pirate Robotics
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

Pirate Robotics is a very interesting club at West Carrollton High School whose season started in early January. They didn’t start competitions...

Prom 2024
Prom 2024
Madi McCuneApril 25, 2024

As prom approaches a lot goes into the big night. You may not realize but preparations need to be made soon. Here's how to ensure you have the...

West Carrollton’s Homecoming Game

On Friday, September 29th, the West Carrollton Pirates went up against the Piqua Indians beating them by 1 point. This was also their homecoming game where they announced the King and Queen. This was also the alumni game for the marching band which brings back previous graduates to play with the current members.

This was one of the most exciting games of the season. During this game, the Pirates scored in the first quarter and made the field goal. After no one else scored in the first quarter, the Indians made a touchdown in the second quarter but didn’t make the extra point. There were several turnovers during the game. The Piqua Indians scored again making it 7/13. The student section was going wild.  In the 4th quarter, the Pirates scored touchdown and extra point making it 14/13. The student section and band went wild with cheering as they ran down the clock. The Pirates won their first game in over 3 years since 2020. 

During half-time, everyone gathered to see this year’s homecoming King and Queen. This year 2023 Homecoming King and Queen are Abdul Abuhani and Charis Wale. The crowd seemed to love the picks for this year’s King and Queen. The Pirates’ next game will be against Tippecanoe’s Red Devils at their high school.