The Hook

The student news site of West Carrollton High School

The Hook

The Hook

Pirate Robotics
Pirate Robotics
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

Pirate Robotics is a very interesting club at West Carrollton High School whose season started in early January. They didn’t start competitions...

Prom 2024
Prom 2024
Madi McCune April 25, 2024

As prom approaches a lot goes into the big night. You may not realize but preparations need to be made soon. Here's how to ensure you have the...

The Incredi-bowl Pirate Team

As winter sports have been taking session the bowling team has been coming together at Capri Lane to enjoy time together and a good game of bowling. The bowling team is for both girls and boys grades 9-12. They practice twice a week after school from 3:30-5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and have matches on these days as well. During matches, the players enjoy cheering on their teammates with chants pertaining to bowling and getting that strike! Team member Jimmy Potter states it’s a “positive environment.” Jimmy loves the uplifting that his friends provide and the closeness he has gotten to his teammates. Captain Aiden Reed is looking forward to his senior night on February 6th at Capri Lane. The boys’ team consists of AJ Allen, Christian Barret, Bobby Basra, Sam Fannin, Vincent Leal, Darik Leonard, David Leonard, John Meed, Jimmy Potter, Zach Pratt, Aiden Reed, Sammy Reed, and Aiden Theiss. The girls’ team consists of players: Payton Knott, Mareionna Murphy, Alicia Stark Steele, Nevaeh Carr, N’yzir Satterwhite. Sam Fannin is number 4 in the league, with an average of 199.9 points. The team has had an amazingly enjoyable season, let’s continue to cheer on our fellow Pirates.