The Hook

The student news site of West Carrollton High School

The Hook

The Hook

Quarter 3 Newsletter
David WhiteApril 10, 2024

I want to express my gratitude to the parents and guardians of our students. I have made many “stops” in my career and have met some amazing...

Class schedules for testing days in April 2024.
State EOC Testing Has Arrived
April SomerlotApril 2, 2024

West Carrollton High School students take end-of-course exams starting April 11 and continuing through April 25. Exams...

The Incredi-bowl Pirate Team

As winter sports have been taking session the bowling team has been coming together at Capri Lane to enjoy time together and a good game of bowling. The bowling team is for both girls and boys grades 9-12. They practice twice a week after school from 3:30-5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and have matches on these days as well. During matches, the players enjoy cheering on their teammates with chants pertaining to bowling and getting that strike! Team member Jimmy Potter states it’s a “positive environment.” Jimmy loves the uplifting that his friends provide and the closeness he has gotten to his teammates. Captain Aiden Reed is looking forward to his senior night on February 6th at Capri Lane. The boys’ team consists of AJ Allen, Christian Barret, Bobby Basra, Sam Fannin, Vincent Leal, Darik Leonard, David Leonard, John Meed, Jimmy Potter, Zach Pratt, Aiden Reed, Sammy Reed, and Aiden Theiss. The girls’ team consists of players: Payton Knott, Mareionna Murphy, Alicia Stark Steele, Nevaeh Carr, N’yzir Satterwhite. Sam Fannin is number 4 in the league, with an average of 199.9 points. The team has had an amazingly enjoyable season, let’s continue to cheer on our fellow Pirates.