The Hook

The student news site of West Carrollton High School

The Hook

The Hook

Pirate Robotics
Pirate Robotics
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

Pirate Robotics is a very interesting club at West Carrollton High School whose season started in early January. They didn’t start competitions...

Prom 2024
Prom 2024
Madi McCune April 25, 2024

As prom approaches a lot goes into the big night. You may not realize but preparations need to be made soon. Here's how to ensure you have the...

Potential Boys Volleyball Team

The high school has been considering making another boys’ volleyball team this year!!  Mrs. Fields sent a Google form on September 11th to all of the WCHS male students to see if any were interested in having a men’s volleyball team. You still have time to go to your email and fill out the form so it’s not to late to show interest.

West Carrollton has only ever had 1 boys’ volleyball team in school history and it was back in 2016. According to USAVolleyball, Boys’ Volleyball is the fastest-growing high school sport in the United States right now. Hundreds of schools/clubs across the country are providing new opportunities for students to have fun and try new things. 

The season would go on from early March and will end in early May or late April. The school says they plan on treating the team as though it is an official sport when it comes to the practices and games. The school isn’t sure yet about the teams that we will face, but they will most likely figure that out as soon as a team is assembled.