The Hook

The student news site of West Carrollton High School

The Hook

The Hook

Pirate Robotics
Pirate Robotics
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

Pirate Robotics is a very interesting club at West Carrollton High School whose season started in early January. They didn’t start competitions...

Prom 2024
Prom 2024
Madi McCune April 25, 2024

As prom approaches a lot goes into the big night. You may not realize but preparations need to be made soon. Here's how to ensure you have the...

Mural Club

Mural+Club

Mural Club is a community-based art program that welcomes all students to come and share their artistic ability to paint beautiful murals. The mural club has put up two murals in the high school, one is against the wall down the gym and band hallway and the other is against a wall by the 200’s office, usually where Ms. Paige is stationed. The club has also put a mural on display at the YMCA. These murals show the talent and teamwork that goes into Mural Club. The Mural Club is open every day during advisory. Even if students don’t know how to paint or know where to start, they can still join the Mural Club and lend a hand. Mural Club opens up new opportunities to make something for the community and showcase students’ artistic talents.

The students in Mural Club are very chill people and helpful. This club is a relaxed environment free of judgment and full of encouragement. This gives students a way to voice their opinions and feelings through artwork for the community to see. The Mural Club is currently continuing their work on the social rights activists’ murals. A few of them have been on display in the library for some time now. Mr. G and even the students encourage people to join the Mural Club. 

Artistic talent is more than welcome in the Mural Club. Not a lot of people have joined so far since being back from winter break and they could always use more help. This club could help students learn new skills and make new friends. It also provides a break in the school day to do something fun and meaningful. Sophomores attend on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Seniors and Juniors attend on Mondays and Wednesdays. Anyone interested in joining should stop by room 121 and speak to Mr. G.