The Hook

The student news site of West Carrollton High School

The Hook

The Hook

Pirate Robotics
Pirate Robotics
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

Pirate Robotics is a very interesting club at West Carrollton High School whose season started in early January. They didn’t start competitions...

Prom 2024
Prom 2024
Madi McCune April 25, 2024

As prom approaches a lot goes into the big night. You may not realize but preparations need to be made soon. Here's how to ensure you have the...

Come Out and Support WC Athletics

Come Out and Support WC Athletics

Are you looking for a family-friendly event? Pirate Island Fest is coming up on September 23rd! This event will be great for all ages while also helping WC Athletic Boosters. Tickets are available from Aug 7 – Sep 22 for presale at $10 and $15 at the door! Presale tickets can be bought at the high school, concession stands during home games, or online. This event is for all those pirates out there looking for something local. The festival will take place at the corner of Central and Elm Street in downtown West Carrollton from 2-11 pm! There will be many food trucks, vendors, bouncy houses, and games. Not only will you be having a good time but you will also be giving back by attending! All proceeds go to the WC Athletic Boosters! 

A ticket to Pirate Island Fest will get you unlimited play on inflatables, face paint, caricature artists, and access to the petting zoo! Face painting will be done by members of our very own WCHS mural club and caricature art will be provided by Cartoona Matata! 

For adults, activities such as a 21-and-up tent featuring Warped Wing Brewery will be available. This tent will host games such as BlackJack, Showdown, and Chuck-A-Luck. If raffles are more your style, 50/50 raffles and a chance to win one of four 65″ TVs will be right up your alley!

In addition to all this fun, over 30 vendors and booths will be available for all your shopping needs! After shopping and playing you’ll need something to snack on! Food trucks such as BL BQQ, Fresh off the Hook, Little Tiki Weenies, Kona Ice, and Jubie’s Creamery will all be ready for your empty stomachs. 

So mark your calendars and stop by, have a good time, win some prizes, and support your local schools on Sep 23 from 2-11 pm at the Pirate Island Fest!