The Little Mermaid

“The Little Mermaid”

Sidney Ison

As spring approaches, WCHS students finally begin to prepare for the spring musical. The spring musical this year will be ‘The Little Mermaid’.

The opening night is on Friday, April 21, at 7 p.m., then there are three more performances after on Saturday, April 22, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., and on Sunday, April 23, at 2 p.m. in the High School auditorium. Tickets are $8 for students and $10 for adults. Students can wait to buy their tickets at the door, but they will be $10.

Auditorium manager and musical director, Mr. Brian Coleman, is really excited about the spring musical and for everyone to see how much work and effort the staff and students put into this musical. It seems like the students and teachers have been working very hard to make this musical the best yet! They have been planning this since last spring and the cast and crew will be practicing six days a week until the big day. The design staff has also been working super hard on creating amazing costumes and sets.

Mr. Coleman stated “We have put together one of the most talented cast that we have ever had on this stage in 28 years!”

We have put together one of the most talented cast that we have ever had on this stage in 28 years!

— Mr. Coleman

Junior Kyle Holcomb, who is playing Jetsam, is very excited about the musical and has been working really hard on memorizing his lines. Kyle is also excited for everyone to see all the hard work and preparation that is going into this musical.

Mr. Coleman said that he was looking for a big family musical that is great for all ages. Everyone should be able to come and see the amazing performance. If you have time the weekend of April 21-23, come and see the the musical! It’s going to be a really amazing performance.