The Hook

The student news site of West Carrollton High School

The Hook

The Hook

Pirate Alumni Spotlight 2
Pirate Alumni Spotlight 2
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

We have teachers who are in the district who have graduated from the West Carrollton High School. Not all of the alumni came back to the high...

Signing Day
Signing Day
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

West Carrollton High School has a tradition of doing a Signing Day for the senior class. Signing Day is on May 2nd it will be hosted in the high...

Pirate Alumni Spotlight

Brian Coleman is a West Carrollton Alumnus who graduated in the class of 1990. After high school he attended Bowling Green State University, where he majored in music education with an emphasis on vocal music, general music, and musical theater. Mr.Coleman was the only person at BGSU to graduate with a Bachelor in music, general music, musical theater. He also graduated with four and a half years and three summers of college under his belt.

Mr. Coleman attended Harold Schnell and stayed in West Carrollton until he became a graduate of WCHS. While attending WCHS, Mr. Coleman was heavily involved with the musical theater. During his senior year, he was taking four different music classes. Mr. Coleman participated in three musicals while he was in highschool including Guys and Dolls, Anything Goes and South Pacific. Fun Fact! Coleman didn’t play a character in one of his musicals. He was the chef who made the food that was needed on stage so when it was breakfast time in the show he was in the back cooking some bacon for all the audience to smell. Coleman took his musical passion and turned it into a teaching passion. Mr. Coleman has always enjoyed teaching and will miss it very much, but as he gets closer to retirement he is excited to move to the next chapter of his story/life.