The Hook

The student news site of West Carrollton High School

The Hook

The Hook

Pirate Alumni Spotlight 2
Pirate Alumni Spotlight 2
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

We have teachers who are in the district who have graduated from the West Carrollton High School. Not all of the alumni came back to the high...

Signing Day
Signing Day
Abbi Akemon, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

West Carrollton High School has a tradition of doing a Signing Day for the senior class. Signing Day is on May 2nd it will be hosted in the high...

Pirate Alumni Spotlight

Robin Manning
Pirate Alumni Spotlight

Robin Bell (Manning) graduated from West Carrollton in the class of 1993. While in high school, she decided she was going to go University of Cincinnati but she ended up not liking it. After that, she transferred to Wright State. She was a student teacher at the ECC with Ms. Trent. Since the school made her so happy when she was younger, coming back to teach would be a good place for her to work in a good environment. Mrs. Manning now teaches the 6th grade at the Intermediate School, teaching social studies and science to her students. 

Since she was here in her high school years, she states that there are even more amazing teachers working here and even more amazing staff to keep the school running the way it is. Mrs. Manning has said since she has been working here her perspective has changed on many things now that she is a staff member. She says that she realized how great her teachers were when she was still in school. She states that teaching is hard work and her teachers made it look easy. When she was in high school she had many good memories, she was in musicals, and volleyball, and even hung out with her friends during the Friday night football games. Mrs. Manning also states how she had a few teachers that influenced her when she was in high school, some of those teachers were Alice Pace and Pat Carson.